Based on municipal data, this paper examines regional variability in the diversity and pace of neighbourhood-level ageing. Focusing on the Rhine-Ruhr conurbation in North Rhine-Westphalia, the analysis outlines at what pace ageing proceeds in a variety of neighbourhoods, which attract no constant influx of working-age migrants.
After decades of suburbanisation, in the period from to regional migration concentrated on the central districts of large cities. More profoundly in the most prosperous cities growing in population than in other cities, childless working-age adults separate from other age groups and family types in selected central city quarters. The findings suggest that spatial differentials in ageing are likely to affect future location decisions and, thereby, regional and local prosperity.
Demographic change Neighbourhoods Segregation Migration. Persistent Identifier of the first edition:.
- BBSR Homepage - BMVBS-Publications - Cooperation of central places in shrinking regions.
- About QuattroPole | Städtenetz QuattroPole;
- Regions and Regionalization in the Five New Länder of Eastern Germany;
- Stadt-Umland-Problematik und Städtenetze.
- The Big Bang Theory. Infotainment mit den Nerds (German Edition).
- Regions and Regionalization in the Five New Länder of Eastern Germany - Tassilo Herrschel, .
Advanced search. Submit an article Journal homepage.
- The Issue Is Trust?
- Tales of Fried Bologna;
- Managing Change and Transition (Harvard Business Essentials).
Pages Published online: 01 Nov Article Metrics Views. Article metrics information Disclaimer for citing articles.
People also read Article. Published online: 1 Nov Annette Rudolph-Cleff et al.
Related Städtenetze (German Edition)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved